20090430

"Come on seniors! One last time!"

So tomorrow is our last rally and this week has definitely had it's ups and downs....
and I don't expect to be sent out with "Good lucks" and "We'll miss you"s like we did the last class because to be honest, we're not well liked.

But I've decided that the most important thing is that we've really made it this far and I would do so much for this class.
We can be "that class" that loses spirit as seniors, but I guess that doesn't really matter anymore, does it? There is very little chance that we can make up the gap, and I also believe that half our class suffers from a thing called learned helplessness.
This year, we've worked ridiculously hard on getting our class together for that one last hurrah in Laguna and I think we've done a pretty good job at it. But no matter how hard we work and how much time and effort, bolts of cloth, laurels, rehearsals, paint, screams, we put into it, we won't win.

So we simply stop trying. For a couple hours. Then it's back to work!

That said, tomorrow is gonna be that much more fun because we're in it together to have a good last rally and not to win this silly little competition (actually, we plan on winning).

And I suppose I don't REALLY hate the juniors, I'm just fed up with their cockiness and the way they carry themselves because I really have no respect for their class. But I'm not going into detail because I'll just make enemies for myself (apparently I'm quite skilled at doing this without even provoking anyone...) and sound super bitter.
Which I'm not because they can win a regatta with a raftwithrails but at least our class likes each other.
That said, I hear some are skipping out to study for SATs? At least kids in our class study in the bleachers.

9 seniors just liked my status in 5 minutes.
I love this class!

Sooo...
SENIORS ROCK THE HOUSE :)
GO 09!!

3 comments:

Won Hee Lee said...

Dude i dont know what youre talking about. juniors are all friends with each other and plus we are gonna destroy you tomorrow just like we have been all week. k? thanks. maybe you should stop talking trash.

Anonymous said...

There are countless ways of attaining greatness, but any road to reaching one's maximum potential must be built on a bedrock of respect for the individual, a commitment to excellence, and a rejection of mediocrity.

Won Hee LEE said...

wow. whoever used my name to comment is quite the douche.