20090524

SENIOR WEEK :)

SO this week has been ridiculously long, just 7 days ago, we were enjoying our first night in Laguna....
SPEAKING OF WHICH,

SENIOR TRIP:

Sunday: Woke up too early to be legal and boarded a bus to Laguna. Stopped at a rest stop and ate McDonald's for breakfast and spent a total of 7 hours on a bus watching Top Gun and 5 hours worth of How I Met your Mother.
Our bus was the last one and we wandered around the surrounding area waiting for the other buses to clear out whilst listening to Julianne rap to Jizz in my Pants on the loudspeaker. We got there last and decorated our cute sand buckets :)
NEXT, we all went to the beach and had some fun under the clouds. HAHA the guys made competing sand castles and we basically played in the water for a few hours.
We had dinner with our advisor, Mr. Colletti. We went to this Mexican restaurant and he gave us back the goals we wrote to ourselves at the start of senior year.
1. Watch the sunrise on the beach
2. Try to get to know everyone in my grade
3. Beat the juniors
I think I accomplished only one...kind of. Anyway, then he returned the letters we wrote to ourselves in sophomore year and it is RIDICULOUSLY embarrassing...sigh
The surprise, though, was getting letters from our parents, which Mr. Colletti had them write at the start of the year. Of course they all failed at that and wrote it in the last like, week of senior year. Anyway, pretty much for the next twenty minutes, almost the whole table cried. Over what their parents said, over graduation, over everything. Then Kaytee cheered us up by reading the "10 Rules for Dating my Daughter" sent by her father.

We went back to the hotel and PASSED OUT YEARBOOKS, after an epik 5.0 earthquake. We also had an icecream sundae party and hung out in each other's rooms until 11PM when Winny and I fell asleep after watching episodes of Parental Control.

Monday: We wandered in the downtown direction in search of food that was not overrun by Harker kids and found a cafe where we ate bagels. It was still too early in the morning. We wandered down to the beach and joined our class in some good spirited and COLD frolicking in the waters. I waited until it warmed up. Anyway, watching people attempt to skimboard was VERY fun to do. After some sandy play, the guys and the ovaries went to this EXCELLENT pizza place and had some really good food, and then returned to the beach for some serious wave jumping. I proceeded to get a SLIGHT tan, get beaten by the waves, take a long walk with Andy and Rachel to the tide pools, and thrown in the ocean four different times in 5 minutes. AFTER I had some of my clothes on :(
We took our class photo
which is pretty cute, I must say
Well then we went back to clean up and prepare for dinner, I went to Brian and Daniel's room to join an awkward party before heading down to the lobby to find some food. The guys ended up sprinting half the way downtown just to beat another big group to the excellent sushi restaurant.
The best part was that it was ALL YOU CAN EAT, twenty dollars!! I had 8 plates worth of food and Kevin Kim said I ate like a man. Anyway, we ran back, basically, because we were almost late to the bonfire (AKA Mr. Keller standing in the middle with a box of tshirts).
Anyway, the bonfire made me super sad and reluctant about leaving, I cried a couple times just because what people said really made me realize how awful life will temporarily be without this group of people :(

"If the class of '09 was a girl, I wouldn't wait the two day grace period-three day- to call her back. I'd definitely ask her out on a second date, and I'd be completely heartbroken if she ever dumped me or left me-like I am now"
(or something to that effect)-Brian Chao


Good God I love this class from the bottom of my heart :'(

After that, we had some excellent hot chocolate and I called Won and was all sad about leaving. Then we crashed at the guys and wandered down to the beach to join some other children for some night time playing. It was BEAUTIFUL and the water felt much warmer due to the colder night time air. I dunno, there was probably no where else on earth I would have chosen to be at that moment than on the beach at night with my class.
We went back to our rooms and packed, kind of. Watched some T.V. and talked until 1AM when Winny and I decided to call it a night.

Tuesday: Woke up and wandered around to the Koffee Klatch which is a TOTALLY adorable coffee house with awesome deco. We grabbed some food and sat on the beach, pretty much alone, for the last half hour. The rest of the day was really just crappy travel time and 7 hours of How I Met your Mother.

SENIOR PRANK
Began the night we got back from Laguna, the senior prank committee revealed a couple nights ago that our prank was going to be SENIORLAND, an amusement park set up for our amusement primarily, but also hopefully others as well. Classes were not canceled and the kids thought it was a terrible prank but every senior I talked to thought it was amazing so I would say it was a smashing success! :)
We stayed until 11PM setting up for the rollercoaster, drive-in movie, and petting zoo.

The next morning, we came to school bright and early at 7AM to act as a welcoming committee, chasing down children in a mob of white glory, tying balloons to their wrists, stamping their hands, and shoving maps in their faces. It was ridiculous fun.

The rest of the day was excellent, the rollercoaster ran screaming down the hall 9 times throughout the day at strategically timed occasions all ending in the digit of 9 and it had to be my favorite part. Kids came out of class to watch :)
The house of the occult was HILARIOUS, we captured three history classes in seances and put them in the zoo. Feeding time was the best and Joe and Lexi were amazing as tour guides. The drive-in movie was super duper cute and the sign was awesome, if I do say so myself ;) hehe

Anyway, senior prank was excellent and the most fun I had since...well...Monday.
jfoASDIF it was so fun :)

BACCALAUREATE
Not very interesting, went shopping with Deniz and came back kind of late but just in time for the start, the speeches were AWESOME, indicative of our class as Jeff says. I agree. I loved Mr. Silk and DKs speech. Especially DKs because I was mentioned in it personally :) teehee
Afterwards, we all went to Falafel Drive-In only to realize that it was closed!! So we went to Daniel's house instead and had won ton soup and watched basketball games.

AWARDS CEREMONY DAY
We had our alumni luncheon which made me even more nostalgic and sad. The food was great except for the part where lousy sophomores stole it. The music made me kind of sad, especially after spending a good two hours after the end of lunch writing letters to our future selves to put in the time capsule and signing yearbooks. GHHOASJDOSAI By the end of that day, I definitely did not want to graduate.

Seany's grad party was that night, their house/party was AMAZING O_O GEEZ, valet parking?? Wtf. Anyway, we danced the night away, kind of. Left around 11PM so I could go home and write that darned senior essay :)

GRADUATION
I woke up that morning deciding that I DEFINITELY did not want to graduate and my stomach was all butterfly-y up until we began walking out of the door. But when I got to the winery it wasn't so bad bcus everyone was there and it made me feel a bit better :)
It was hot, the speeches were good, and I dunno, I suddenly got excited that we were graduating. After I got my diploma, I was filled with this odd feeling of happiness that carried on for quite a bit and now looking back on photos of us throwing our mortarboards or whatever, I guess high school graduation would be one of those events I would relive anytime. Afterward was definitely chaotic and when we finally got out of it, I ended up eating with Deniz's family for lunch and then hanging out with her and some random underclassmen outside of Tartini (don't ask).
We then watched Angels and Demons and yah. That was that.

BTW, brunch this morning was excellent. Lots of good food and conversation :) I'm going to miss my friends so much :(

I can honestly say that I was looking forward to graduation so much up until this past week, which made me feel bittersweet about leaving.
Thanks for the memories, '09 :) I'll never forget you!

But now that I'm out of school, I have nothing to do. Thank God for grad parties.

No comments: