20080902

Tragedy of the Commons

is what we had to read for APes yesterday, the title is so epic but the only thing epic about it is how ridiculously long and boring it is. well actually, it's not TOO bad but at 1am, it's pretty bad.
i'm considering rereading it for the quiz tomorrow, though.

we had people over at our house everyday this weekend and on sunday, albert and anthony paid me a visit. bcus the only way they would leave winny's house is if they could come to mine -_-
so we stood in my dark driveway and chatted. sooo shady.
anyways, that was exciting, kind of.
the yearbook party was also at my house on sunday and i'd say it was a smashing success :) i miss the old kids. BTW HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JIEJIE :)
the food was excellent, as always.
i stayed up late working on APsa and the homework i procrastinated on the whole weekend :(

today would probably be a BAD day but it's not thursday and for some reason, i don't feel BAD.
i feel kind of happy all the time. i don't think i feel the extreme pressure yet. i realize it, though.
my locker hates me and wouldn't open the whole day until like, after college counseling :(
and i flunked my psych pop quiz bcus i don't have a book and blehhh i'm so annoyed, even though everyone failed it and she's dropping the lowest score...
i felt like i failed the FIRST QUIZ (beside summer reading) OF THE YEAR and yeah i felt pretty crappy. but not anymore :/
have i become apathetic? not really...
i don't know :/
i got to see won hee today during lunch. and i'm really happy that i'm seeing ana so much more than the past three years and simi is in my yearbook class :))
i don't see the guys THAT often i GUESS
at least brian thinks so :P haha i see you guys enough :)

mr. walsh is really cool, i think. he's gone all over the world and speaks so many different languages and has a great sense of humor :P plus, we got upgraded to the S&T building!! so exciting.
anyways, afterwards, i had to go to tennis :( tennis should be illegal on hot days like today. i sweat a lot and probably burned my cheeks (although not as bad as before).
TOMORROW IS WEDNESDAY AND I LOVE THOSE cept they're not as laidback as thursdays. i think bad days may fall less often on thursdays this year! my schedule is slightly in my favor. kind of.

in psych, we talked about how we can't really trust our own intuition and our feelings and our minds and whatever. that makes me VERY INSECURE.
God, why are we so complex?

i told my mom today about jose's adventure in mandarin in telling us that
他买了八只鸡。
and i asked her, WHY WOULD HE BUY THEM?
and she said
well we bought some in australia and you played with them when you were little and i was like
wtf
...i played with bebe chickens. LOL
apparently at the victora market in melbourne held every weekend, they sell strange things like bebe birdies :P

those were good times! the '90s, LOL
in australia,
i remember driving to sydney once WITHOUT MY SEAT BELT, i was born a rebel.
and being afraid to walk to the park because of wolves and dingoes. and when i would make my cousin buy me balloons even though all he wanted to do was watch basketball.
and when i visited my grandparents in shanghai, it was pouring rain. my grandma could still walk then :)
and when i went to fuzhou, my grandma made chicken soup and i planted a pipa tree. my grandpa killed it, i think. i used to make him send me monthly updates on how his i'm-going-to-quit-smoking plan was going. it didn't work :(
i also remember chasing down the ice cream man when we lived in the ghettos (jk) of berkeley with my daddy. and watching asian boys steal turtles from golden gate park every weekend, and flying kites on the beach!
my childhood was good.
i pity my sisters, somehow. they're growing up in a much sadder world.
is this tragedy of the commons? not really. i'm not exploiting all the good, natural, simple pleasures in life in self-interest. they just seem to disappear by themselves...
and i'm sorry for it.

i'd like to meet this ABC guy at my mom's work. but i'm afraid i might slap him.
he's a real asshole :)

1 comment:

emily said...

damn right you miss the old kids. :D <3