20100322

Relient K is sooo wise...

WE ARE BACK AT SCHOOL AND IT SUCKSSS :( Although today wasn't TOO bad, classes went by pretty quickly (one was even cut in half :D) and my Chinese test wasn't too bad :D

Anyway, I was on the plane yesterday listening to Relient Ks song "Be My Escape," the one that eventually led to their exploding success and I actually listened to the words (not that I didn't before but you know what I mean...)
And this life sentence that I'm serving
I admit that I'm every bit deserving
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Woaaaah
Pretty deep right?
Every wrong thing that happens in our lives, we deserve it! And we don't deserve all the things that go right...a pretty hard concept to wrap our minds around, but not really because all of a sudden, understanding God's mercy has never been so clear.
Yah I guess that kinda encapsulates everything we've been talking about at Reality LA (or like, a couple weeks ago) so yes. That is what I thought about on the plane. And then I shared it with Helena.
BTW THE JONAS BROTHERS GO TO REALITY LA.

Last night, I ate quail eggs with Mai and Cauchy and some delicious chocolate raspberry sticks. They're SUPER DUPER good so if you want some, COME TO MY ROOM AND I WILL SHARE WITH YOUU :))

OKAY G2G BYE GUYZ

2 comments:

Christine said...

I like your analysis of the lyrics. :) It reminds me of what Francis Chan writes in Crazy Love about how we are not entitled to anything. God is the Creator of the universe and He can choose to give what He wants and to take away what He wants. We can't say that we deserve to have certain things. We just have to say, "okay, God. Do whatever You want. You are God and You are good." Definitely takes a lot of humility to say that... something I am still working on!

Anyways, chocolate raspberry sticks sound AMAZING. Is it dark chocolate? Maybe I'll drop by sometime this week! Save me one please! :)

steff-o said...

COME! I have plenty :) and yes they are dark chocolate :D